Welcome to the Serum of the Month!
Every month, we create an exclusive facial serum available only by pre-order and subscription!* These unique and creative combinations are specially formulated to correspond with each month since our skin's needs can change throughout the year. Formulated and handcrafted by Irene (Fawn Lily Botanica's owner + maker). This is a perfect (and fun!) way to try new ingredients, new formulas, and conveniently receive a new serum which was custom-made for the season at your doorstep! These limited release products are only available by pre-order. Pre-orders close on the 10th of each month, then will be made fresh and shipped the following week.
Pre-orders are now open for December's Serum of the Month! December's limited-edition blend will feature two of our very favorite scents: Frankincense & Chamomile.
This is a very special facial oil scented with frankincense resin and chamomile flowers! Not only do both of these plant allies smell wonderful, but they are powerful botanical medicines which are absolutely incredible for skincare.
This is a rich, nourishing, and potent blend designed to deeply moisturize and protect your skin during this winter season and beyond! Made with a blend of incredible skin-loving oils including organic jojoba, organic sesame, organic olive fruit, organic argan, organic shea, organic cherry, organic baobab, and vitamin E oils.
Here is more information about all of the ingredients inside this special, limited-edition blend!
- Jojoba Oil (certified organic). A liquid plant wax, jojoba oil is similar to the sebum that our own skin produces, making it balancing and beneficial for all skin types. Regenerative, moisturizing, balancing, and forms a light protective barrier over skin which allows skin to breath while sealing in moisture. Contains vitamins A, E, D, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
- Sesame Oil ( certified organic). This oil has been used for thousands of years, including extensive use within the Ayurvedic tradition. Sesame oil provides powerful nourishing, protective, soothing, softening, regenerative, moisturizing, toning, and regenerative effects, and has the ability to carry it's healthful properties to capillaries at the lowest skin layers. Naturally anti-inflammatory, a potent antioxidant, high in omega-6 and 9, vitamin E, helps regulate cell growth, and protects against sun damage and UV exposure. Truly a wonderful and cherished oil for all skin types, especially dry, delicate, irritated or mature skin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Fruit Oil ( certified organic): Amazing for the skin, this oil is very high in oleic fatty acid, supports natural sebum production, attracts moisture to the skin, helps repair and heal damaged tissues, is moisturizing, soothing, protective, emollient, naturally contains plant-based squalene which supports the delivery of oxygen to skin cells, prevents evaporation of moisture, and helps prevent dry skin and premature aging.
- Shea Nut Oil ( certified organic). A thick, rich, and moisturizing oil which protects skin, promotes skin elasticity, assists with skin irritation and dryness, and contains contains high levels of oleic and stearic fatty acids, and vitamins A, E, and F.
- Cherry Kernel Oil (certified organic). Belonging to the rose family, this incredible oil is pressed from cherry pits. It moisturizes and protects the skin, softens and nourishes skin cells, and naturally helps minimize the absorption of UV rays. This oil has therapeutic and protective properties, contains vitamin A, E, antioxidants, omega-6 and 9, tocopherols, and contains many other skin-loving properties.
- Argan Oil ( certified organic). Affectionately called "liquid gold", this remarkable oil protects, nourishes, hydrates, moisturizes, boosts skin elasticity, and revitalizes. Naturally high in vitamin E, squalene, carotenes, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.
- Baobab Oil ( certified organic). Pressed from the seeds of ancient trees (baobab trees can live 6,000 years!), this oil has significant regenerative, moisturizing, toning, softening, reparative, soothing properties, supports collagen and skin elasticity, assists damaged skin, and contains vitamins A, D, and E, oleic and linoleic acids.
- Frankincense Resin Essential Oil (boswellia carterri). Cherished for centuries by cultures around the globe for its medicinal, spiritual, and cosmetic uses. Frankincense is truly amazing for the skin and can be used for a variety of skin conditions. The scent is earthy, resinous, woodsy, balsamic, warm, uplifting, calming, relaxing, and soothing. Cosmetically, frankincense is known to repair, rejuvenate, tone, assist with fine lines and wrinkles, acne, sun damage, and is extremely beneficial for all skin types, especially mature and damaged skin.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil: Helps soothe and calm the skin and skin irritations, while the sweet aroma (reminiscent of apples and a grassy meadow on a warm summer day) reduces anxiety, stress, and tension.
Vitamin E Oil, made from non-GMO sources: This powerful antioxidant helps smooth, condition, moisturize, and protect the skin. Beneficial for all skin types and for various skin conditions and irritations.
Size: 1 oz glass bottle with treatment pump.
Pre-orders will close on November 10th, then will be made fresh and shipped the following week.
How to use: First, wash and dry your face with water or a gentle facial wash. Mist with 1-3 spritzes of facial toner and allow to air dry or gently pat dry with a soft washcloth. Finish by applying 1-2 pumps of facial serum. Allow to absorb completely into skin before applying makeup or sunscreen. Use twice per day (morning/night) for best results.
If you are interested, but don't want to commit to a pre-order or subscription, please note that if we have any extra bottles after filling pre-orders, then they will be available on our website afterwards at a higher price.
To extend the shelf life, store in a dry, cool, and dark area. Direct light and heat will reduce the effectiveness and shelf life of the product.
Note: Some of the oils used in or formulas are very rich in fatty acids, and will naturally solidify in cold conditions. This is perfectly normal for these oils, and will not impact their quality or usage. If you wish to remove any solidified fats in your oil, the best way to do this is to place the entire bottle in a double boiler over low heat and allow the oil to slowly heat up. Once warm, any solidified particles will remelt.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please read Product + Ordering Info page before placing an order.
Smells and feels great
This was my first time using the "serum of the month" and I'm in love. I'm pretty married to my routines and have used the facial toner and oil for several years. As much as I love them, I'm more in love with this past month's serum. It provides a creamy feeling along with a light scent that makes my skin glow. Now I'm not sure if I'll go back to the oil or not. Thanks for making such wonderful products that I'm willing to break out of my box to try.
This serum is very moisturizing and yet very soothing for my sensitive skin. Loved this product. Also the packaging was so detailed and personal.
My night routine. Wash face. Hit the yarrow, sage & mint facial toner. Two pumps of Saffron & Tumeric face serum. Then rock the chamomile frankincense eye serum. Boom!! Face vm fees great and looks glowing. Thank you Lily Botanical. I’m hooked on your love.
The serum from December/January that contained jasmine was nice and not overwhelming. The one for February/March (I’m not actually sure what month it is but it seems like it’s every other month, or maybe it was just slow to start?) contains something called benzoin that smells horrible. It’s like cleaning solution. Blah! But after a few minutes, it’s tolerable. The serum itself is fine minus the smell.
Overall, I don’t know if I’ll keep using this stuff because as one other person said, I get better results from commercial products.